Thursday, June 16, 2011

And Now, My Sister Sally Shares...

Hello, I'm Sally White, Connie's sister. I'm not a blogger so I'm just going to jump right in. Like I said Connie is my sister, a two time Cancer survivor, a Cathlete and my best friend.

 Connie has inspired me to eat healthy and exercise, if she can do it so can I.

I am a mother of three wonderful children and I have a great husband. I am blessed to be able to stay at home to raise our kids which doesn't leave me a lot of free time to exercise. I have recently found my balance, I workout at night after the kids are all asleep and everything is picked up. 

I enjoy cooking healthy meals for my family. We have gotten the kids addicted to fruit and veggies. These rare children would rather eat apples than pizza!!

I tried to workout when our oldest was a baby, but I couldn't wrap me head around it with going to college, being a new mom and everything that went with it. Although I did enjoy exercising with my sister and sometimes our mom. 

It didn't help that I was very unhappy with the way I looked. I was a size 6 before I had Zoey, and I gained over 80lbs while I was pregnant, which was awful. I just wanted my body to snap back to normal, but of course that didn't happen. The more I did try the more I got mad at myself, I told myself that it wasn't working nor was it worth it... I was stuck in this body and nothing I did would change it.  I just gave up. I regret that now, but I can't go back. All I can do is focus on now.

So here I am 5 years later and I'm giving it my best shot. Connie got me into Cathe Friedrich and I love her! She makes me work, sweat, "feel the burn" and it hurts so good!!! I am still very new to working out and its HARD, but so worth it. I can now do Cathe's Travel Fit DVD, which I never thought I would do. I rotate Travel Fit and Low impact- Total Body Sculpting, and I also run after the kids (it's exercise, I swear ).

I don't want these exercises to become "easy" after a few more weeks I would like to move up to something harder and eventually do STS.

For now, I am happy that I can do any of it!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you getting back on it Sally! Yes, Cathe is amazing! I lost all my weight doing her workouts. Cardio Fusion was my first and Step, Jump and Pump was my second. The first day it started to feel easy was the most amazing day! Just remember, if it starts to get easy and you're doing step, add a tier! It'll get challenging all over again!

    Congratulations and just remember, you have a lot of support from all Cathletes! You won't ever outgrow Cathe's workouts, believe me!

    I would wish you luck, buy you aren't going to need it! See you in success!

    ReplyDelete