Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Celebrate. Remember. Fight Back. Part 1

Being a cancer Survivor inducted me into a new family. A family of Survivors. No matter what differences I have with another Survivor, we share a bond. It's often a silently understood bond. Perfect strangers who are Survivors are part of my family now, a part of me. We care for each other, pray for each other, and celebrate each victory no matter how small. We, also, hurt and cry together. As a result, many Survivors participate in Relay for Life. We Celebrate. We Remember. We Fight Back. We HOPE for a CURE. 
This is me at the Marco Island, Florida RFL in March of 2009. 

On Monday my friend, and Survivor-sister, found out that the breast cancer she beat over a year ago has returned in her lungs. Please send her and her husband your prayers and positive thoughts as they devise a treatment plan. Also, if you have any connection to MD Anderson that could help her get started with very quickly with treatment please email me. Fight like a girl, my beautiful friend!!
This is me in October of 2010.

Today I heard that one of my friend's Aunts just passed away due to cancer. 

Sadly, most of us have a connection to cancer. My hope is that these connections will uplift us, strengthen us, console us and bring us all to a cure very soon. We all go through cancer together in spirit. The tears, the waiting, the hopes, the fears, and the laughter. My heart hurts for my friends this week. 

Tomorrow is my 6 month post-chemo check up. I am hoping- and believing- that it will go very well, so I can shine hope onto my Survivor family and our large circle of loved ones. 










No comments:

Post a Comment