Thursday, March 3, 2011

Celebrate. Remember. Fight Back. Part 2

Check out the fun new additions to the blog! Many thanks to Joe, my cousin! I feel like I've joined the 2011s now.

How many parts will be in this series? Well, at least 2 and probably 4 or 5. Maybe 6 just to make it an even number. I haven't decided yet. So it will be a surprise for all of us!

My 6 month post-chemo check up was Wednesday afternoon. I waited almost 3 hours to see my oncologist. It was frustrating, but I brought a Droid smartphone to help pass the time until it died.

The good news is that my oncologist isn't worried about me. She did a physical exam- always fun to have my feet in the stirrups. We went over my side effects and rated them. We decided on what tests I'll have at my next check-up in July. That was the extent of the appointment. My oncologist was having a bad day, or just a really long day. I'm not sure which, but she wasn't at her best. It was irritating, but after venting about it to my Mom and another friend, I decided to be understanding.

I was hoping my oncologist would say something positive about my weight loss. I've lost 8 pounds. I was hoping to get to ask her about glutathione and a couple other 'little' things. It's okay, though. I know I can call and talk to her nurse next week. I'm not losing weight so my oncologist can give me a high five. I'm losing weight for me, to improve my health. I'm sure my next appointment will have better communication.

Silly me, I got caught up in being disappointed in the whole experience that I missed the most important part. I'm fine! After the exam, she didn't express concern over anything she felt or saw. No scares, nothing to be concerned about at all. It was just a check-up. Whoohooooo!! Relief!! 


I am thankful that this successful post-cancer check-up can be a beacon of light to my fellow Survivors!!

I made those kale chips tonight. I love them. My almost 3 year old niece spit it out. I bet if I sprinkle on Parmesan cheese she'll eat them.

No comments:

Post a Comment