Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Entering SINS

I can't believe I'm doing this, but here I go!! 


I'm joining the Strong is the New Skinny's Body Transformation Blog Challenge! I want to make the best fitness progress of my life. I feel like I've been building up to this for a loooong time. Chemo is long since over, and my body is ready to get fitter. Losing weight and gaining muscle is a powerful way for me to squash out a third cancer recurrence, and this challenge will keep me motivated. I've got some very tough competition, but ultimately this competition is with myself. 


My Goals:
I'm starting today, Feb 23. 


Lose 10 pounds by April 23. That's 60 days away. (No, I'm not going to share how much I weigh right now. ha!)


Increase my lean muscle. My awesome and always effective Cathe Friedrich strength DVDs will surely help me! The only way I'll have to judge this, I think, is by how much I can increase my weight load. As I am able to increase my weight load in specific exercise, I'll let you know.


Increase my daily vegetable intake. I want to average at least 6 servings of veggies a day. I'm following an anti-cancer diet that focuses on plant based foods so that shouldn't be too difficult. 


Stay within my calorie range of 1550- 1800 per day, and my carb range of 164- 195 grams per day.


I'm excited, focused and glad to be in such good and fit company! Thanks for challenge, SINS!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, awesome to be cancer free! Best of luck to you on your journey to become fit!

    ReplyDelete