Thursday, February 24, 2011

SINS, day two

I'm really thankful that I planned and prepared healthy quick meals this week!! If you would have told me this past Sunday that I would be entering the SINS Blog Transformation Challenge on Wednesday I would have laughed. I would have thought I couldn't hang with such amazing athletes. Then I got really inspired reading about it and realized that I'm an amazing Cathlete in my own right. This challenge is really one to myself and becoming accountable via my blog to other awesome and fit-minded bloggers. I've gotten a lot of encouragement from those other bloggers already. It's fantastic, inspirational and motivating! Thanks everyone!!

When stress peaked out this afternoon I thought about shoving a bunch of M&Ms in my mouth. I didn't, though, because I knew it would mess up my carb percentage for the day and I just wouldn't 'give in' on day 2 of this challenge. Oh, and I also had 2 healthy and ready to eat meals in the fridge. YES!! I love when my planning skills rescue me!

One of those meals is Kale-Bean salad, and the other is Deluxe Tuna Salad from Holly Clegg's Trim & Terrific cookbook.

It starts with these ingredients

Add a couple of these, too

And turns into this beautiful dish!

It's delicious! I love the veggies in it!

Those 2 anti-cancer packed mini-meals gave me the fuel to jump my way through Cathe's 4 Day Split Bootcamp cardio workout this afternoon. My post-chemo knees usually avoid this one due to all the jumping. However, since I've been doing Cathe step workout sans the step lately my knees have been happier so I decided to follow the rotation schedule and give it a go. I felt incredibly energetic and my knees held up very well (though tomorrow I may be singing a different song!?). My almost 3 year old niece jumped and ran along with me off and on. She was so cute, and it was fun to have someone to high 5 after a few of the drills. 

Onto Day 3 of 60.... 


1 comment:

  1. just came across your blog! it's fabulous! you have some great insight on your posts! I love veggies in mine too! yum!

    ReplyDelete