Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A PB but no J

I've got blogger's block tonight, but I'm going to attempt to type through it. My brain is cluttered and overwhelmed. I'm tired. The new schedule I created for myself has been about 25% successful this week. My biggest issue is getting to sleep early enough so that I can wake up earlier and with more energy. I wish I could blame cancer treatment for this issue, but it's one I've had for many years. I know it's something I have control over, because I've had success in the past. Semi-disgruntled success, but success is success. It's a process, and I'm making positive progress.

I am in tickled awe of all the new bloggers I've discovered on Twitter this week! Every Tuesday night at 8pm CST there a Twitter chat for bloggers who blog about some aspect of fitness using #fitblog. A friend told me about it a few weeks ago, but I didn't really understand it. I stumbled into the chat tonight. Honestly, I'm still not sure I understand it. I had a lovely time chatting anyway. Actually, I did more lurking than chatting because I was stretched out on the couch on a Driod phone. I don't get along well with on screen keyboards. I was too comfy to get up and grab the laptop that was 12 feet away. It's incredible how many inspirational blogs- and people!- there are out there in this not-so-big world!

I'll tell you a little secret. Ready? Even though it's been 7 months since my final chemo treatment, I still get tired out fairly fast. I make a concerted effort each day to spend my energy wisely. I try not to go up or down the stairs too many times, which also challenges my chemo-brain. (Hey, I like to multi-task.) I spend an hour's worth of my best energy most days on a workout. I've switched to late morning workouts this week. So far it's not helping me get to sleep sooner, though. By the end of the day I need to lie down and rest. I don't need or even want a nap. It's frustrating because there are lots of things I want and need my body to do. I know my energy level has improved greatly over these 7 months. And I am truly thankful for the healing that's going on inside. Still, I wish the process would hurry up.

I experienced a personal best today, despite my lingering energy issues. Today I was able to do 99% of Cathe Friedrich's Imax2. I modified to lessen the impact on my knees, and went 75% step-less, but that's THE BEST I've done with this uber challenging yet crazy fun interval workout. It's a PB without any J!

I am quite proud of myself! 

I've been fighting for the energy, stamina and strength for 18 months to do this particular workout. Couple that with starting Shock Training System this past Monday and WOW! It's nifty to the 10th power! This body is such an amazing machine. I keep thinking of the corny clique- takes a lickin' but keeps on tickin'. I love being a Cathlete!

A fellow Cathlete, Carola, is currently Fighting the spread of breast cancer. She's a single mom who is currently bedridden. Cathletes- and many others- have joined together to support her through positive thoughts, prayers, and purses. Please donate as you're able, and offer your prayers of healing, peace and every need met. I truly and deeply thank you for supporting her- and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment