Thursday, April 14, 2011

Suspense is Over!

First here's a Memory Refresher from Vegas Vacation Day-3- Part-3:


 I shared my blog post about Tom Colicchio's Craftsteak on his Twitter page, and I also emailed a link to the restaurant to express my gratitude and giddiness. I didn't really expect any reply, but I hoped for one. Tonight,  just after my sister and her family left to go back to their Texan home (wipes tear), there was an email from Craftsteak's general manager in my spam folder!! Yay and WHEEEEEE!! SO very glad I checked that folder tonight! Very niftyand exciting!! She and Chef Matt Seeber are going to be sending me something to remember the highlight meal of my life. WOW!! I feel like camping out by the mailbox, but I won't because that would just be weird. I can't wait to share my memory-keeper with you, my dear readers. Ohhh the suspense!!!


Any regrets I might have had about not camping out at the mailbox evaporated when the mailman left a big envelope at my doorstep Wednesday afternoon. I do regret not taking a picture of the unopened package, but I wasn't thinking straight. Picture it- a big yellow envelope on your doorstep. There, that's good enough. 


Inside that envelope was this book!!



It's a beautiful and fascinating book with stories about Mr. Colicchio's restaurant beginnings, his food philosophies, and the design of the original Craft. There's also insightful stories about the recipes and ingredients, and, of course, recipes themselves! Beautiful food photography, too! 

My sister Heidi, a fellow foodie, noticed that Craftsteak's Chef Matt Seeber left his special mark. 

How freaking cool is THAT?!?

Jill Aiken, General Manager of Craftsteak (lucky lady!), told me in her email that she and Chef Matt wanted to send me something to remember the highlight meal of my life. 

Ms. Aiken and Chef Matt~ mission accomplished!! Thank you so very much for your kindness, and your extremely well crafted food and restaurant. I will treasure the memories of my phenomenal meal and excitement of this cookbook, and I'll share it with anyone who will listen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment